This week's makeup mail comes from Clinique. Just like last week's makeup mail, Clinique is also owned by Estee Lauder. To learn more about other brands owned by Estee Lauder, check out this page.
I was fascinated to see how lengthy this response was, especially because the representative took so much time to say very little. If you aren't interested in ready their lengthy response, here is my summary:
"We can't tell you what products are vegan, but if you email us a specific product name we will get back to you; we produce all over the world but can't tell you where; we test on animals where required by law; you should check out the Estee Lauder website."
Take a look below to see Clinique's response, and let me know your thoughts in the comments!
For reference, here are my questions:
1. From where (what countries) does your company source its raw ingredients? Are your sources organic and sustainable?
2. Do your products contain any ingredients derived from animals? Is any of your products vegan friendly?
1. In what country or countries are your products manufactured? Where are your company’s labs, manufacturing locations, factories, and/or assembly plants located (city and country)?
2. Are your products manufactured and assembled in different places?
3. Does your company test ingredients or finished products on animals? Does your company use a third party to conduct animal testing?
4. Is your company owned by or affiliated with any companies that test products or ingredients on animals?
1. What efforts does your company take to ensure that fair labor practices are secured for your employees?
2. Are you able to provide a demographic breakdown of your company’s employees (gender, age, race, ethnicity)?
Here is Clinique's response:
Find Clinique products here (also available via Sephora, Ulta and department store counters).
Have a company you think I should contact next? Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
And don't forget to join me here every Monday for more makeup mail!
in lipstick & solidarity,