This week's makeup mail comes from Smashbox Cosmetics. Smashbox is owned by Estee Lauder. To learn more about other brands owned by Estee Lauder, check out this page.
This is definitely one of the more patronizing and brief responses that I've gotten (along with Biore and Cover Girl, in my opinion). The response can be boiled down to: "here is the link to Estee Lauder's website. I hope this email has been helpful!" How is an email that doesn't address a single question I've asked helpful in any way?
Take a look below to see Smashbox's response, and let me know your thoughts in the comments!
For reference, here are my questions:
1. From where (what countries) does your company source its raw ingredients? Are your sources organic and sustainable?
2. Do your products contain any ingredients derived from animals? Is any of your products vegan friendly?
1. In what country or countries are your products manufactured? Where are your company’s labs, manufacturing locations, factories, and/or assembly plants located (city and country)?
2. Are your products manufactured and assembled in different places?
3. Does your company test ingredients or finished products on animals? Does your company use a third party to conduct animal testing?
4. Is your company owned by or affiliated with any companies that test products or ingredients on animals?
1. What efforts does your company take to ensure that fair labor practices are secured for your employees?
2. Are you able to provide a demographic breakdown of your company’s employees (gender, age, race, ethnicity)?
Here is Smashbox's response:
Find Smashbox Cosmetics products here (also available via Sephora and Ulta).
Have a company you think I should contact next? Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
And don't forget to join me here every Monday for more makeup mail!
in lipstick & solidarity,