This week's makeup mail comes from BITE Beauty, who are well known for their lip products. Their response isn't amongst the best I've received. They only answered a few of the questions I asked and the answers they provided don't say very much about their company.
I'm starting to notice a bit of a trend with the responses I've gotten so far and BITE's response certainly falls into this trend: thank me for contacting, provide a disclaimer that they cannot provide answers, respond vaguely about animal testing, and provide the legal phrasing about being an equal opportunity employer.
Take a look below to see BITE's response!
For reference, here are my questions:
1. From where (what countries) does your company source its raw ingredients? Are your sources organic and sustainable?
2. Do your products contain any ingredients derived from animals? Is any of your products vegan friendly?
1. In what country or countries are your products manufactured? Where are your company’s labs, manufacturing locations, factories, and/or assembly plants located (city and country)?
2. Are your products manufactured and assembled in different places?
3. Does your company test ingredients or finished products on animals? Does your company use a third party to conduct animal testing?
4. Is your company owned by or affiliated with any companies that test products or ingredients on animals?
1. What efforts does your company take to ensure that fair labor practices are secured for your employees?
2. Are you able to provide a demographic breakdown of your company’s employees (gender, age, race, ethnicity)?
Here is Bite's response:
Check out BITE Beauty's products here (they are also sold in Sephora stores).
Have a company you think I should contact next? Send me an email at email@example.com
in lipstick & solidarity,