Happy Monday everyone!
I'm sorry I missed last week's Makeup Mail post, but I'm back this week with a patronizing and useless response from Cover Girl :)
I kind of feel like saying "thanks for nothing" with this one. As you'll see below, the Cover Girl representative remarked that they get a lot of requests for information and then admitted that they won't answer any of my questions. They included a link to Cover Girl's information on the Procter & Gamble website. Cover Girl is owned by Procter & Gamble, but was recently sold to Coty along with a number of other brands. I will likely re-contact Cover Girl once the sale is finalized and they are officially under Coty to see if there is any change! For now, read below to see what little Cover Girl had to say.
For reference, here are my questions:
1. From where (what countries) does your company source its raw ingredients? Are your sources organic and sustainable?
2. Do your products contain any ingredients derived from animals? Is any of your products vegan friendly?
1. In what country or countries are your products manufactured? Where are your company’s labs, manufacturing locations, factories, and/or assembly plants located (city and country)?
2. Are your products manufactured and assembled in different places?
3. Does your company test ingredients or finished products on animals? Does your company use a third party to conduct animal testing?
4. Is your company owned by or affiliated with any companies that test products or ingredients on animals?
1. What efforts does your company take to ensure that fair labor practices are secured for your employees?
2. Are you able to provide a demographic breakdown of your company’s employees (gender, age, race, ethnicity)?
Here is their response:
Have a company you think I should contact next? Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
in lipstick & solidarity,