I emailed Maybelline back on 18 May, and a representative responded to me same day. Knowing a little bit about Maybelline and L'Oreal (Maybelline's parent company), I can tell that the representative just copied and pasted L'Oreal's official stance on animal testing into the response. Other than that, I found the reply to be a bit evasive. The representative claims that Maybelline wants to assure me that they uphold the highest standards, yet none of my questions received a direct or transparent answer. Read more below and let me know what you think!
For reference, here are my questions:
1. From where (what countries) does your company source its raw ingredients? Are your sources organic and sustainable?
2. Do your products contain any ingredients derived from animals? Is any of your products vegan friendly?
1. In what country or countries are your products manufactured? Where are your company’s labs, manufacturing locations, factories, and/or assembly plants located (city and country)?
2. Are your products manufactured and assembled in different places?
3. Does your company test ingredients or finished products on animals? Does your company use a third party to conduct animal testing?
4. Is your company owned by or affiliated with any companies that test products or ingredients on animals?
1. What efforts does your company take to ensure that fair labor practices are secured for your employees?
2. Are you able to provide a demographic breakdown of your company’s employees (gender, age, race, ethnicity)?
Have a company you think I should contact next? Send me an email at email@example.com
in lipstick & solidarity,