This week's makeup mail is from Jordana Cosmetics.
Jordana's tag line is "Made in USA" although as you will see, the representative said nothing about manufacturing in USA even though I have a question specifically asking about their manufacturing practices. Their response is shockingly short, and overall suggests that I read Jordana's FAQ page, which can be found here. The representative did confirm that Jordana is a cruelty free brand, certified through both PETA and the Leaping Bunny Program. Their comment about China distributors is strange to me, but does make sense since Chinese law requires companies to test on animals in order to sell within China. I think it's strange because I didn't ask anything about Chinese sales, but I understand that companies have a heightened sense in regards to questions about animal testing.
Take a look below to see Jordana's full response and let me know your thoughts in the comments!
For reference, here are the questions I sent (which you can also find here):
1. From where (what countries) does your company source its raw ingredients? Are your sources organic and sustainable?
2. Do your products contain any ingredients derived from animals? Is any of your products vegan friendly?
1. In what country or countries are your products manufactured? Where are your company’s labs, manufacturing locations, factories, and/or assembly plants located (city and country)?
2. Are your products manufactured and assembled in different places?
3. Does your company test ingredients or finished products on animals? Does your company use a third party to conduct animal testing?
4. Is your company owned by or affiliated with any companies that test products or ingredients on animals?
1. What efforts does your company take to ensure that fair labor practices are secured for your employees?
2. Are you able to provide a demographic breakdown of your company’s employees (gender, age, race, ethnicity)?
You can find Jordana products here (also available at Walgreens stores in the US).
Have a company you think I should contact next? Send me an email at email@example.com
And don't forget to join me here every Monday for more makeup mail!
in lipstick & solidarity,